Saturday, December 17, 2011

November in a Nutshell

I know that it’s been a while since I’ve posted here, but the past month plus seems to have gone by so fast.  November started with my week-long trip home to celebrate my one-year wedding anniversary with my husband, spend some quality time with friends and family, visit my home team co-workers back at GSK, and do some shopping for things to take back with me to Ethiopia for the remainder of my time here. 

First wedding anniversary celebration dinner

With friends participating in a walk for Pancreatic Cancer on a nice, but brisk morning, it was quite chilly, especially after getting used to African weather here

Enjoying a visit with my parents

After returning to Addis Ababa, there was a lot going on, including getting fully immersed back in work and my analyses as things have really started to pick up towards the end of my time here.  Some of the other goings-on are best captured in the pictures attached here, but some of the highlights included visiting our co-worker Hiwot’s new baby boy, having visitors (my roommate Bridget’s brother and friends) here for Thanksgiving time, visiting the National Museum of Ethiopia and seeing the famous skeleton of Lucy and attending some Ethiopian Christmas bazaars and even a Christmas concert.  Enjoy the pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment